Tuesday, August 15, 2006

128 Wussiest Song Tournament: Day 5

All votes must be received by 17:00:00 PST Tuesday, August 22. Day 6 will be posted tomorrow. Days 2-4 still anxiously await your input.

#2. "I Want It That Way" - Backstreet Boys vs.
#15. "(I Just) Died In Your Arms Tonight" - Cutting Crew
Believe me when I say it must have been something you said.

#7. "2 Become 1" - Spice Girls vs.
#10. "To Be With You" - Mr. Big
Or if you insist, 2 B With U

#3. "True" - Spandau Ballet vs.
#14. "Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You" - Glenn Medeiros
Totally '80s on both counts.

#6. "Invisible" - Clay Aiken vs.
#11. "Hey There Lonely Girl" - Eddie Holman
I don't think Ruben Studdard could have pulled off either of these.

5 Comments:

Blogger beam aims north said...

I heard three of these eight at our favorite Vietnamese restaurant today. Haven't heard so many wussy songs in a row since I was twelve and obsessed with WFYR: Love Songs on Fire.

Backstreet Boys >> Cutting Crew

I don't know the Spice Girls song, but I'm sure 2B w/U is wussy enough to beat it.

Nothing's Gonna change >> True

Hey There Lonely Girl >> Invisible, only because there are so many more wussy Clay Aiken songs (all of which I totally love).

3:31 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Backstreet Boys
Mr. Big
True
Hey There Lonely Girl

8:02 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Cutting Crew. Not much of a crew, and definitely not cutting.

To Be With You.

Nothing's gonna...etc. The Kemp brothers were in The Krays. That's gotta count for something.

Aiken. Worst. Show. In history. Of TV.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Snowed In said...

I hate that Cutting Crew song more than almost any other song, ever, so it gets my vote. I'd vote twice for it if I could.

I see I'm in the minority with 2 Become 1.

Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You deserves a lower seed and gets my vote. True deserves a slightly higher one.

Hey There Lonely Girl. That's gotta hurt to sing like that. It hurts me to listen.

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Abstaining on all of them except for "True."

I don't know the Clay Aiken song so I don't want to vote on that pair, and can't decide as to the first two pairs.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home