Wednesday, August 23, 2006

128 Wussiest Song Tournament: Day 10

All votes must be received by 17:00:00 PST Wednesday, August 30. Day 11 tomorrow.

#1. "Longer" - Dan Fogelberg vs.
#16. "Break Up To Make Up" - The Stylistics
Deeper than any forest primeval, first you love me then you hate me.

#8. "Someone Saved My Life Tonight" - Elton John vs.
#9. "Crying in the Chapel" - The Orioles
It's 4:00 in the morning, dammit, I am happy with the Lord.

#4. "More Than Words" - Extreme vs.
#13. "Eternal Flame" - The Bangles
These might actually be the same song. Sometimes it's hard to tell.

#5. "Alone Again (Naturally)" - Gilbert O'Sullivan vs.
#12. "Angel" - Shaggy
I got nothing.

4 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

"Longer" - Dan Fogelberg could fill the Final Four. I've said that about several artists, I know...

Elton.

"More Than Words."

"Angel" is pretty bad, but is a result of the economics of hip-hop, where instead of using many samples to create a rich sonic collage, artists license a single song and do a pseudo-cover. What led us to this sorry state? A lawsuit brought against Biz Markie by that rat bastard Gilbert O' Sullivan. "Alone Again" gets my vote.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Snowed In said...

Again, we start we start with two deserving songs. And while Dan Fogelberg does have some good material, Longer isn't in that class.

Elton John's done some good songs as well. Someone Saved My Life Tonight is not one of them.

Eternal Flame was only eternal in that I thought the song would never end.

Alone Again (Naturally), definitely. It's not surprising that he was left at the altar, when he's such a whiner about everything.

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Longer.

Someone Saved My Life Tonight.

More Than Words: Remember, fellas; use a line that effectively says, "if you love me, you'd sleep with me".

Alone Again

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#1 "Longer"

abstain on Elton vs. Orioles

#4 "More Than Words"

#5 "Alone Again (Naturally)"

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home